Friday 12 October 2007

Brotherhood



Brotherhood, in simple terms, means a kinship relations between a male and his siblings or friends. While the female groups have their very own "姐妹淘" where intimacy is built on love and loads of sharing, the kindred spirit of brothers seems to emphasize on fierce loyalty and unquestioning trust.

A lot of my male friends swear by this principle. Many a times, we see such loyalty being extended to helping the friends to cover their fallacies or forking out REallyfinancial assistance indiscriminately.

Having said this, I must say that WY's buddies do give me a different perception. They come across as down-to-earth, genuine, and direct. They are so comfortable with other. They embrace each other's strengths and are acutely aware of the weaknesses as well. They don't seem to always "chiong" for their buddies blindly. While each of them may display his own unique characteristics, they generally are able to complement each other when group together to get things done. Their camaraderie spirit is strong and commendable.

I am now part of WY's life. They have accepted and welcomed me into their circle readily - from engaging me in a good conversational piece to cajoling me into participating in some activities to teasing me relentlessly just for a good laugh. For all of these, I am appreciative.

Really, who knows.... perhaps in time to come, I may also be able to build some meaningful kinship relations with these brothers as well. :-)

No comments: