Saturday 30 January 2010

Lunar New Year

The steps of lunar new year is drawing near... For some reason, my sister and I have not picked up the momentum to prepare the necesary.

Each instance of prayer offering like giving thanks for a safe year to date brings an emptiness from mum's absence.

Time flies and mummy has left us for almost 9 months. Time has dulled the pain a little but not the yearning for her presence. Both sister and I miss her loads. At every other moment - when I am at the temple, when I am lieing in bed ready to sleep, when I am at a vegetarian stall, when I am in the train, when I am working... and the list goes on.

Mum has been such a great part of my life that the void is now so huge, almost like an abyss.

She lives in my heart always.
And I take comfort that she is well and good at a good place.

I love her to bits.
And I take comfort in the gentle smile I break into whenever I think of her.

Her loving kindness and compassion has left an impact.
And I take pride in emulating her positive traits.

Her love lives on.
And I see warm beautiful light whenever I feel her love.

Mummy...
I am you for your blood flows in me..
I am you for your guidance flows in me..
I am you for your love flows in me.. \

I will strive on... to be a righteous person.. and live a meangful life - one that both mummy and I will be will be proud of.........

No comments: