Tuesday 20 April 2010

Birthday

Today is mum's birthday.

Everything seems to move real slow since I woke up in the morning. Taking time to remember her instead of celebrating with her feels surreal and unfamiliar. Missing her is an understatement but I am smiling a little more whenever I think of her nowadays.

It has been quite a journey of self reflection, re-evaluation, acceptance and closures since her passing. Not all is done and complete but I am getting there.

I dreamt of her recently and she looked really hearty and was smiling so beautifully. I was just about to hug her when I got awakened by the alarm. Not meant to be but I felt calm and glad to see her in my dream again. Interestingly, this time round, I was not part of the dream but a mere observer of the scenes that flashed by. Change of mindset? Perhaps and hopefully a positive one as well.

I am going home this evening to offer my prayers and thoughts to her. It is comforting to know and feel that she is well. I know she loves me dearly no matter where she is and it is this love that helps me to move on as well.

Happy Birthday Mummy..

No comments: