Thursday 28 April 2011

Silence..

WY raised a question about himself this afternoon - why doesn't he talk to people very readily?

Come to think of it, I have been sporadically asking myself somewhat a similar yet different question - why have I increasingly maintaining my silence and not talk to any people readily?

Is this silence the same as the one most of us have experienced or know of as absence of words or simple cut off from noise? During such times, is my mind uniquely still or unquiet - one that is filled with words and noise, ideas, questions, desires, doubts, and conflicts.

If this is so, which sometimes is the case, then my silence is only on the surface and there is calamity inside. When I experience such silence, I can easily be tilted by the least external noise. Instead of resulting in peace, this forced stillness may very well get me into annoyance and irritation.

Meditate to assist with my erratic state is of utmost importance and surely I look forward to have silence that is natural and spontaneous and it should well up from the depths within me and overflows with a consistently positive rhythm and harmony.

Now is the moment to revisit it. And I shall.

Attached link is an interesting write-up by Ajahn Sumedho and is here to help me to refresh and learn as I pave my way with baby steps -

http://www.4ui.com/eart/188eart1.htm

No comments: