Friday 12 October 2007

Jill



It has come to our attention recently that Jill and I resemble a lot. This is a revelation as we both thought that she takes after her dad pretty much. Nonetheless, I feel kinda happy to learn this new information.

Jill has been part of my life for the longest period of time - from the moment she was born to her toddler's days, teenage grow up pangs and now a lovely young lady who is firmly grounded with the right values and good balance of maturity and righteousness. Every part of the journey has its fair share of joy and frustration but I would never trade it for anything else if given a chance to re-live the moments again.

But one thing that I previously cannot quite fathom is her "nuahness". She can laze throughout the day without doing anything yet she enjoys every moment of it, may it be lying on the sofa and watch the TV for hours, sleeping like a log for the longest period of time or savouring the food she puts in her mouth.

WY coincidentally displays similar trait. Sometimes this can be quite disconcerting when we are in a rush. But WY has a point - what is the rush about really? why can't we take a step back and relish that simple moment?

On hindsight, Jill has qualities that I can really learn from and this is one of them. I am beginning to appreciate it by slowing down a little.

Jill, stay the way you are. I wish you contentment and joy. You know that I love you lots and I will be there for you always..

No comments: