Wednesday 10 June 2009

Mum's Wishes

Mum has very simple wishes - it's always about us being well and happy and those whom she knows or do not know being well and happy too.

Mum's parting wishes remain steadfast, that is,

  • her kids and family stay healthy, cohesive, well and happy
  • her belief in the Triple Gem be understood, continued and propagated
  • her legacy of compassionate and generous acts for the joy and good of people within the community be accepted and extended by her kids naturally
They are that simple. And today, these are my wishes as well.

I am grateful to mum for teaching me the joy of loving and the pain of losing - all natural processes in our lives.

I've learned that losing someone I love so dearly can remind me not only how fragile and temporary life is, but also how important it is to appreciate what I do have NOW: life, health, family, friends and loved ones.

This moment, I am learning slowly, the difficult process of healing through loss. It is full of progressions and regressions, sudden dramatic leaps and then depressing backslides.. It's just roller coaster.

Tough as it may be, I still hope that this process can eventually give me greater emotional strength and self reliance, and a greater awareness of what really matters in life.

Mum.....
Give me time to heal
to surround myself with wise people,
to learn from these wise people,
to practice and be mindful..

Simply, allow me to work towards fulfilling your first wish.... and mine.

For a start...

“Certain indeed is death for the born and certain is birth for the dead; therefore over the inevitable you shall not grieve.”
—Bhagavad-Gita


Lord Buddha explained, “You must know, dear one, that change is inevitable as it is going on even in the present and has been in the past and will be in the future. Therefore birth and death are natural events about which one should not feel much concern.”

No comments: