Friday 12 June 2009

Death

Today, it dawns on me that every single moment, birth and death are happening at an ongoing process.

While I am paying respect to mum, I realise that every other family is also doing the same, experiencing the pain of loss. And when I look around me, there are also new born, babies, toddlers and people of every possible age.

Everyone is growing and dying at the same time.

But each breathe that goes in does not necessarily correspond with an equivalent outgoing breathe.

Mum breathed her last breathe just in a split moment - a wisp of it went in and it stopped. Suddenly. Just like that. Stopped. Silence.

Mum has completed her needs and deeds on earth. She has moved on.

This can and will happen to me, and any of the living sentient beings, now or any moment.

Death is not an end, for it marks the beginning of a new journey.

And Birth is not the beginning, for it marks a part of the natural process of old age, sickness and death.

An endless cycle.
In Samsara.

Being conscious of death.
This is a start.
A good start.

No comments: